The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine seeks a full-time non-tenure-eligible Clinician-Educator at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor , to serve as Director of Northwestern University Prosthetics-Orthotics Center .
· Primary responsibility is to oversee our Master’s in Prosthetics Orthotics [MPO] training program.
· Oversee NUPOC faculty, including recruiting, deploying, and ensuring performance and satisfaction of faculty
· Oversee preparation to maintain program’s NCOPE accreditation
· Develop, organize, and administer the MPO curriculum.
· Ensure student satisfaction and satisfactory performance.
· Conduct didactic teaching in the form of lectures and one-on-one interactions, primarily for MPO students
· Participate in the development of innovative teaching programs, experiences, and opportunities
· Support and/or participate in research activities, including writing and submitting extramural research grant proposals, preparing manuscripts for publication in professional journals, and conducting applied interdisciplinary research activities.
· Support and participate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
· Communicate with Department Chair and other Medical School leadership
· Candidates must be an ABC Certified Prosthetist-Orthotist (or have an equivalent ISPO-recognized Category I credential)
· Candidates must have earned a Master’s degree or higher.
· A minimum of 7 years of clinical experience in the field, together with significant teaching and supervisory experience, are required.
· A doctoral degree, experience in an academic P&O setting, and prior participation in clinical research is advantageous but not mandatory.
· Qualified candidates with additional clinical credentials in a closely related field, such as physical or occupational therapy, are invited to apply.
The start date will be July 1, 2022. The position will remain open until February 28, 2022.
When applying, please upload a CV and cover letter describing your interest and alignment with the position. Also upload this completed list of references form to suggest the names of individuals who could write letters of reference on your behalf.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
· Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
· Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
· All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
· Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.